Jeffrey W. Leasure has been the sole shareholder of the Fort Myers law firm of Jeffrey W. Leasure, P.A. since March of 1998. Mr. Leasure was the principal shareholder of three (3) predecessor firms since January of 1985. Mr. Leasure graduated magna cum laude from Florida State University in 1979. He graduated from The Florida State University & College of Law in 1982. He is a member of the Florida Bar Association and the Business Law Section of the Florida Bar Association.
Mr. Leasure has been a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute for over thirty (30) years, and has been admitted to practice in United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida. Dubbed the “grandfather” of the Southwest Florida Bankruptcy Professionals Association, Mr. Leasure is one of the most knowledgeable and experienced bankruptcy attorneys in the area. For over thirty years, he has appeared before the United States Bankruptcy Court, representing debtors, creditors, and trustees. Since 1996, Mr. Leasure has been rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, the highest possible ranking for professional excellence.
- The Florida State University & College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- J.D. – 1982
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.A., Magna Cum Laude – 1979
- Major: Criminology
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Florida Bar Association
- Business Law Section of the Florida Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Southwest Florida Bankruptcy Professionals Association
Awards & Recognition
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings since 1996, which is based on the lawyer’s ethical standards and legal ability, including his or her: legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgement, communication, and legal experience.
- Former Chairman of the Local Rules Committee for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- Recognized by his peers in 2010 as one of Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite.”
- Inaugural recipient, as chosen by Judge Paskay, of the Chief Bankruptcy Judge Emeritus Alexander L. Paskay Professionalism Award in 2009, given to a Bankruptcy attorney who has shown: outstanding effectiveness in presentation of matters to the Bankruptcy Court; a reputation for thorough preparation; civility and courtesy to opposing counsel; appropriate Courtroom demeanor; ethical conduct and professionalism at the highest level; and long term service to the Bankruptcy Bar.